Uncertainty has been the dominant theme of 2020 for everyone across the world. The PASTRES team have continued to link their insights from pastoral settings to wider debates. The COVID-19 pandemic has massively disrupted research plans, but has also provided an opportunity to reflect on how uncertainties are understood and acted upon in different settings.
PASTRES themes couldn’t be more relevant: our December newsletter gives a taste of activities and publications over the last six months.
- New book on the Politics of Uncertainty
- Review paper: Peasants and Pastoralists
- Special issue on ‘Methodological Mess’ and research in contexts of high variability
- Living with Covid-19: perspectives from around the world
- Migration and pastoralism
- 50 years of pastoralism research at the Institute of Development Studies
- Online course
- Snapshots of pastoralism: PASTRES on instagram